Saturday, April 28, 2012

Urban Decay Book of Shadows 4 (pic heavy)

Hey Everyone:)

Today, I'm sharing my birthday present with you! I have definitely become a collector of Urban Decay palettes. So, when I saw the UDBOS4 on sale on the UD website for $29.00(normally priced at $64.00), I jumped on it! I was getting ready to buy it last sunday night but my boyfriend, Nathan, said he wanted to buy it for me as a birthday gift, so I said why the heck not?! It shipped insanely fast and it came in almost perfect condition, because one of the eyeshadows had a chunk taken out of it (I noticed it was from part of the packaging that was sticking up, i fixed it!). I dont really care about that, as long as there were no fingers touching it before it got to me lol.


Zephyr was the one that got damaged:(

So, as far as packaging, this particular palette is quite larger than some of the other UD palettes I have or have seen before. I guess because it has more stuff in it this time! It is so colorful and beautiful! there is a mirror inside, with some beautiful butterfly decals. Definitely thumbs up on the packaging.



Contents: 16 eyeshadows, 1 UD 27/7 waterproof liquid liner in Perversion, 1 travel size Supercurl Curling mascara, 1 travel size UDPP, a mini speaker, w/ cords, and 1 'Get the Look' card, in which you scan one of any of the five codes with your smart phone to access videos of tutorials for this palette. Pretty high tech lol!

Products: I read that these shadows were made with the new formulation UD has made, which I haven't really noticed a difference in (why fix it if it ain't broke? lol). They are still awesomely pigmented, my over all favorite shadows. Altho some of the shadows are infamous for the chunky annoying glitter. there are only 3 shades in this palette that have it. the other colors are just basic satin or shimmer finishes. More than half the palette contains neutral shades, but thats perfectly fine with me. i have been wanting the NAKED palettes but I really have no need for them now lol. Altho I'm probably eventually going to get them.

Going from left to right:
Row 1: Blue bus (bright periwinkle blue, pink undertone),Gunmetal (darkened silver w/ silver glitter), Cobra (black base w/gold shimmer), Baked (dark bronzy gold)



Row 2: Bender (deep olive/mossy green w/gold shimmer), Gravity (deep purple, similar to Half Truth, w/pink, blue, purple shimmer), Lost (cooler dark brown), Hijack (cooler, dark teal, silver shimmer)



Row 3: Midnight cowgirl (bright creamy gold, w/gold/pink glitter), Sin (light, shimmery flesh toned, similar to Stila "Kitten"),  Midnight Rodeo (lighter than Lost, w/gold and silver glitter), Crystal (light blue, w/ teal, pink, purple shimmer)



Row 4: Bust (cool loght ashy brown), Missionary (very light cool brown), Skinp (very light peachy shade, warmer toned), Zephyr (Shimmery light ivory, silver shimmer).



The 24/7 liner is insane, it doesnt budge. I didnt realize it was waterproff at first, and I tried it on my hand, and I had to scrub it off lol. Im not a big fan of waterproof things because I hate how difficult they are to remove. But it is so opaque, so I like it:)

The mascara is also really great, its got a curved, nubby brush and I used it without curling my lashes, and it was great!



the little speaker and the cords:)

So this was my little overview of the Urban Decay Book of Shadows 4. Like I said before it is on sale for $29.00 at Urbandecay.com. get it before they sell out! I'm assuming they are trying to get this one out of stock so they can get ready to bring out the new ones when they come out. Im excited to see whats next!

As always, questions? comments? requests? hit me up!

~Kala

No comments:

Post a Comment