Wednesday, September 21, 2011

1st haul blog:)

Hi everyone!

I had an awesome weekend, full of fun and inspiration. I know I haven’t posted very much lately. I have been very busy! I try to post as often as I can though, and I promise I have some great blogs coming up for you! Hauls, looks, reviews, on makeup, nails, and skincare are in the future! Just trying to make the time to cover everything!

Today I’m just doing a little haul from the last few weeks! I have a couple of repeat buys and a bunch of new things I want to try out and give you a review on.

I’m going to start with a few samples I was given from my sister to check out. Two skincare products by Peter Thomas Roth (a facial scrub “blemish buffing beads”, and an acne fighting gel “AHA/BHA acne clearing gel”), and the eye primer “stay, don’t stray” by Benefit. After using the skincare products for two days, I have seen a dramatic difference in my skin. My pores look a lot smaller, and my face is not as slick as normal. So far I like this product, but I’m going to give it some more time and give it a proper review. The eye primer, so far, I like. It is a lot different from shadow insurance or primer potion. It is an opaque primer, similar to a liquid concealer. Its consistency is also thinner, but once applied, it creates a great sticky base for the shadow to stick to, and it doubles as an under eye concealer, which works great! I plan on giving this primer some more time before properly reviewing it also.



The next items on my list came from a trip to five below a few days ago. I picked up some nail polishes and a perfume. The nail polishes I bough were Fresh Paint’s ‘witchcraft’ (a very dark, almost black, Plum/Burgundy), and Wet n’ Wild’s ‘Burgundy Frost’ ( a lighter, more coppery burgundy shade). Both shades were under $2 a piece and the colors are beautiful! I also purchased a perfume there too, which I had bought before and really liked.

From left to right: Burgunsy Frost, Witchcraft


My next trip was on Sunday! My sister, our friend Ericka (from http://letsgetnaild.blogspot.com/), and I decided to go to the Gnome and Garden show in Kirkland and had a blast! Afterwards, we went to eat at a place called the 50’s diner! It was so awesome and retro! After that was a trip to the Ulta store out there. Oh boy, we were like 3 kids in a candy store!


I ended up with 4 polishes, a new mascara, and an eye shadow paletteJ. 3 of the polishes were Ulta brand, in ‘Little Black Dress’, “concrete evidence”, and ‘Alter Ego’.  The other polish is from Essence, and it is one of the ‘@holographic.com’ polishes, in the shade ‘Gagalectric’. The mascara is just a repeat buy to replace my old one, Amped Lashes by Ulta (in jet black), and a 10 shade eye shadow palette by NYX (the runway collection in ESP10C 09 “Haute Model”.

From left to right: little lack dress, concrete evidence, alter ego, and gagalectric
swatched on NYX's "slate" jumbo pencil

Swatched on NYX's pearl base


I’m going to take the time to properly review these items for you and let you know what I think! If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask! Requests for looks? Product reviews? Let me know! Ill be happy to answer!

Also, im going to start a mini series of looks inspired by our trip to the Gnome and Garden show this past weekend. I think its going to be a total of about 6 looks. The number could change tho. So look forward to those in the near future!

~Kala

No comments:

Post a Comment