Friday, September 2, 2011

Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette!!!!!

Hi everyone!

Ok, so it has been a really rough week for me. On top of working so much, visiting my beautiful new niece, Olivia, and trying to plan entries for my blog, I haven’t really been able to work with my makeup that much. The house I just moved into doesn’t have central air, and with the weather being 92 degrees and higher, I haven’t been able to sit in my art studio to work with products properly without sweating horribly and being terribly uncomfortable. So progress has been slow. Sorry for getting off topic, I just wanted to give you a little insight as to what is going onJ

Today, I am doing another review for you. I have been saving up for this product for a while and I FINALLY got it today! It’s my brand new Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette! I was honestly looking more towards the Naked Palette because I was interested in getting a neutral palette, but this caught my eye. Having brights, darks, and neutral colors, I decided I would rather get a palette with more variety. I was a little hesitant to purchase this at first, because this past Christmas, I purchased the UD loves NYC palette, and although I love it, there are some issues I had with some of the shadows, which I will explain later.

I got my palette today from my local Ulta Beauty store, for $55, $59.26 after tax. There are a few other places you can find it, like Sephora, or even going to urbandecay.com

To begin, ill start with the packaging:

There are 15 beautiful shadows. They are encased with a gunmetal top that has a gem decoration on it. The bottom is a velvet-lined box you can use to put things in. The inside is made of a purple-tinted mirror-finish plastic. I honestly think this packaging is really adorable, but not practical for transportation. All in all on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, I’d have to give it a 7 only because you can’t travel easily with it.



Now onto the shadows!:



These 15 unique and vibrant shadows were created for this palette specifically. Most of them are shimmer finish, except for the black (“blackout”). One of the issues I had with my previous urban decay palette is that some of the shadows had a chunky glitter in them that makes it almost impossible to prevent fallout. I LOVED the colors, but HATED the glitter. This new palette has only one shade that has chunky glitter in it (“Midnight Rodeo”), and the glitter seems to be a little finer than the previous NYC palette. Here is a list of the colors:
  1. Rodeo: a medium cool brown with multi-toned shimmer and gold glitter.
  2. 15: a lighter tan color with multi-toned shimmer.
  3. Vanilla: a light, creamy yellow with multi-toned shimmer.
  4. Flow: a medium peachy color with multi-toned shimmer.
  5. Chase: Medium brown shade with multi-toned shimmer.
  6. Tainted: beautiful light pink shade with a gold duo-chrome and multi-toned shimmer.
  7. Junkshow: a beautiful hot hot pink with blue duo-chrome.
  8. Omen: pretty light purple with blue duo-chrome.
  9. Evidence: a black-based dark blue shimmer.
  10. Deep End: beautiful teal shade, yellow shimmer.
  11. Deeper: a medium warm brown with multi-toned shimmer.
  12. M.I.A: a dark cool toned brown.
  13. Ace: amazing gunmetal grey with multi-toned shimmer.
  14. Blackout: deep matte black shade.
  15. Halftruth: deep eggplant purple with multi-toned shimmer.

    Here are swatches (no primer underneath) from left to right: Midnight Rodeo, Midnight 15, Vanilla, Flow, Chas Tainted, Junkflow, Omen, Evidence, Deep End, Deeper, M.I.A, Ace, Blackout, Half Truth.

I love the textures of these eye shadows. They are very heavily pigmented, creamy, and vibrant! They blend well, and there are so many different looks you can create with them.


My final words on this palette are that over all I am very satisfied. I did want to mention that I bought my NYC palette which contained 16 shadows, 2 eyeliners, and a primer for $52, and this palette only came with the 15 shadows, for $55. I wish we could have gotten an eyeliner or something! But I guess it is a special limited edition anniversary palette.

Thanks again so much for reading! Feedback is always welcome! leave your questions and comments! I am definitley looking forward to creating and posting some looks soon! If you have any requests for looks also, let me know!

~Kala

No comments:

Post a Comment