Monday, October 3, 2011

NYX 10 Shade Runway Collection

Hey everyone!

Today I’m gonna do a mini review on a pallet I bought and mentioned in my haul blog. It’s the NYX runway palette in “haute model”. I bought this palette from ulta for $10.99 and it has ten colors. I think there are 6 palettes in this collection, but I’m not too sure. This particular palette seemed to have the most variety. I like all of the colors, except for the fact that most of the shadows are black-based shadows, so to get the best payoff, you will have to use it over a black base. I can’t say that for all of them because the bright pink and bright teal colors are beautiful and very well pigmented. But as for the other darker colors, I don’t find them very easy to use. It’s based solely on my opinion. I don’t really like having to use a black base with my shadows. Its not that I don’t like it, but using a black base takes a lot of time to apply for me, and when you are in a rush, you don’t have time to blend and perfect a base. They also are not as smooth as the brighter shadows. Some have a chunky glitter in them and the glitter doesn’t stick very well. Here are some photos and swatches of the shadows. I stayed in the same order as the palette so they should be easy to follow. To be honest, I probably wont be purchasing any of the other palettes



Once again, thanks for reading! As always, comments and requests are totally welcome. I have a lot of stuff planned, I just have to find the time o get to it! Facebook page is in the works still. I have a haul video coming up soon, some nail looks, Halloween looks, and more reviews! Hope everyone is doing great!


~Kala

No comments:

Post a Comment